- A Message from the Instructor
- Introduction and Objectives
- Lesson 1: History of "Brain Death"
- Lesson 2: Challenges
- Lesson 3: Protocol History
- Lesson 4: Apnea Test
- Redefining and Redetermining Introduction
- Lesson 5: Case Study - Aden Hailu
- Lesson 6: Case Study - Jahi McMath
- Just For Fun: Can You Be Half Dead?
- Lesson 7: ECMO
- Lesson 8: State Accommodations
- Lesson 9: Possible Changes
- Lesson 10: Practical Considerations
- Lesson 11: Conclusion
- More resources for you
- Before You Go...Quiz!
- Final Thing...Evaluation!
The Evolution of Death By Neurological Criteria
Actual Controversial Cases Surrounding The Issue
Proposed Changes To The Criteria
Why The Apnea Test Remains A Sticking Point
Jim Damron is an author, speaker, professional listener, and the founder of Grapevine Academy, an online learning platform dedicating to improving care by improving caregivers. Because the learning is never over - classroom or not. Jim’s extensive career in pulmonary medicine, contribution to medical ethics, and advanced degrees in both theology and bioethics aren’t random accidents-they're the result of a habit of intrigue toward weighty, complex subjects. To prefer a life in the depths among complexity - the world’s and our own - is, ironically, how we discover where exactly we stand.